Protecting our customers
Our commitment to privacy
Canaccede is committed to maintaining the accuracy, confidentiality, and security of your personal information. We wish to provide assurance that nothing is more important to us than the security and appropriate use of your personal information.
Mailing Address: Station B, P.O. Box 9, London, Ontario, N6A 1V3
What is personal information
Personal information is any factual information about an identifiable individual such as contact information, account numbers, or details including, but not limited to age, marital status, income, date of birth, and credit history. Personal information does not include information such as a person's business title or business contact information when used or disclosed for the purpose of business communications.
Our five key principles
Collecting and using information
We will limit the information we collect to what we need for the purposes of managing an effective customer relationship, and we will use it only for those purposes. We do not provide this information to any third party who is not directly associated with achieving this objective.
Personal financial information is used to help us manage operations and risk within our organization. Information is also used in order to satisfy valid information requests from regulators and other organizations or individuals who are legally entitled to make such requests.
Personal information that Canaccede collects from and regarding customers, debtors, and clients is used to locate, contact, and correctly identify consumers, understand and confirmability and/or willingness to pay past due accounts, provide customer choices of multiple contact channels, understand the most convenient time and place of communication, suggest appropriate payment methods and understand preferences, and determine alternate methods of collection of past due accounts if amicable avenues are unsuccessful and may include, but is not limited to:
- consumer names and addresses;
- other contact information, such as telephone numbers, email addresses;
- language preferences and special accessibility/communication requirements;
- information regarding customer transactions, such as account numbers, account balances, payment history;
- balances and history of past due accounts
- credit, identification and reference information, such as date of birth, employment information, driver license numbers, previous addresses, and general financial information or;
- bank information or payment preferences for pre-authorized payments.
We collect this information from a variety of sources, such as:
- Information you provide to us over the phone and on applications or forms, such as your income and place of employment
- Information from the original lender or previous collection company regarding your account we have purchased
- Information we receive from an outside company, such as credit bureau, regarding your credit history or employment status
- Information about your transactions or experiences with companies associated with Canaccede
We may provide your information to other persons in situations where the other parties are our suppliers or agents who assist us in serving our customers and we are required or permitted to do so by law or applicable regulators and self-regulatory organizations.
We may share your personal financial information with:
- credit bureaus, credit reporting agencies;
- persons retained to administer or service your account for the purpose of such administration or servicing;
- persons (or their permitted assignees) involved in or facilitating the financing of our business (which may include the administration or servicing of your accounts by them or their agents); and
Over time, we may buy new consumer receivables or sell some of our consumer receivables. Accordingly, personal information associated with any accounts, products, or services of the business being purchased or sold may be disclosed (and collected) for such purpose and transferred as a business asset to the new business owner.
Further, your personal information may be disclosed:
- As permitted or required by applicable law or regulatory requirements;
- To comply with valid legal processes such as search warrants, subpoenas or court orders;
- In order to administer or service your account;
- To protect the rights and property of Canaccede;
- During emergency situations or where necessary to protect the safety of a person or group;
- Where the personal information is publicly available; or
- For any additional purposes for which we have obtained your consent
We may use or disclose your personal information without your knowledge or consent where we are permitted or required by applicable law or regulatory requirements to do so.
We will protect information with appropriate safeguards and security measures. This encompasses the following, physical security, such as secure locks on filing cabinets and restricted access to offices. Organizational security, such as controlled entry in data centres and limited access to relevant information, and electronic security, such as passwords, personal identification numbers, and encryption of sensitive data.
The Companies that work jointly with Canaccede are committed to protecting the security and integrity of customer information through procedures and technology designed for this purpose. For example:
- Employee access to customer information is limited to those who need to know this information in order to service the customer relationships
- The Companies that work jointly with Canaccede maintain policies and procedures covering the proper physical security of workplaces and records
- The Companies that work jointly with Canaccede have established physical, electronics, and procedural safeguards to comply with federal standards regarding the protection of customer information
- The Companies that work jointly with Canaccede require independent contractors and outside companies who work with them to adhere to our strict privacy standards
- The Companies that work jointly with Canaccede use technological means (such as backup files, virus detection and eradication software, firewalls, and other computer software and hardware) to protect against unauthorized access or alterations to customer data.
Providing information access and accuracy
We will give customers access to the information we retain about them when their identity is appropriately assessed. We will make every reasonable effort to keep information accurate and up-to-date. Physical documentation is accessible by Canaccede until such time that we determine it is appropriate to dispense of material as no longer requiring retention as per our policies and procedures.
Your right to access the personal information that we hold about you is not absolute. There are instances where applicable law or regulatory requirements allow or require us to refuse to provide some or all of the personal information that we hold about you. In addition, the personal information may have been destroyed, erased or made anonymous in accordance with our record retention obligations and practices.
In the event that we cannot provide you with access to your personal information, we will endeavor to inform you of the reasons why, subject to any legal or regulatory restrictions.
Respecting and responding to your privacy concerns
We will investigate and respond to concerns about any aspect of our handling of information. Should any questions or concerns arise, they can be directed to our Privacy Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org, by phone at 1-888-316-2369 or write us at Privacy Officer, Station 'B' P.O. Box 9 London, Ontario N6A 4V3.
If you are unsatisfied with our response you may refer your enquiry to the Privacy Commissioner in your jurisdiction.